FARMS = FOOD
Formed in 1979, the Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association (OEFFA) cultivates a future in which sustainable and organic farmers thrive, local food nourishes our communities, and agricultural practices protect and enhance our environment.
2023 OEFFA Sustainable Farm Tour and Workshop Series
Get a taste of the farm this summer during OEFFA’s annual farm tour and workshop series!
2024 OEFFA Conference
Planning is already underway for the 2024 OEFFA Conference.
Visit conference.oeffa.org for the latest conference news.
Farm Policy Matters
- The work on a transformational 2023 Farm Bill is underway as climate scientists, activists, food and agriculture businesses, community leaders, anti-monopoly advocates, and policymakers pool together ideas and input for the new legislation. The reauthorization of […]
- This post originally appeared on the Greater Cincinnati Regional Food Policy Council blog. It is the second one in their Farm Bill 2023 series that focuses on marker bills. The Nutrition Title of the Farm Bill […]
- There are few windows of opportunity to make changes to something as big as our food and farming system. When those opportunities present themselves, we have to be prepared to act. Fortunately, OEFFA staff and members […]
- This post originally appeared on the National Organic Coalition (NOC) blog. Twenty six farmers, scientists, policy advocates and organic company representatives from the National Organic Coalition advocated for organic agriculture last week in Washington, D.C. On […]
Organic Agriculture | Marketplace Equity | Farm Bill | Genetic Engineering | State Policy | Energy | Blog | Resources for Action
OEFFA has operated an organic certification program since 1981. While the standards and the process have evolved since then, what hasn’t changed is OEFFA’s commitment to uphold the integrity of organics and provide farmers and handler/processors a pathway for profitability.
Certification | Fees | Producers | Handlers/Processors | Transition | Payment | Resources | Cost Share | Food Justice
With 10 percent of small farmers exiting farming each year, and a current median farming age of 59, helping new farmers successfully enter and thrive in their businesses is vitally important for the future of U.S. agriculture.
But, beginning farmers face significant hurdles, including attaining knowledge, skills, and experience in production practices; acquiring the fundamental business planning and financial management knowledge and skills; and accessing farmland and capital as part of the substantial investment farming requires.
Apprenticeships | Heartland Farm Beginnings | Mentorships | FarmLink | Seasonal Farm Jobs
OEFFA Outreach is intended to increase awareness of and access to programs and services that support you as sustainable farmers, food system workers, and consumers. Our goal is to provide a platform for growth and networking through the sharing of information and the connection of people.
- The Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association (OEFFA) and its partners invite you to get a taste of the farm this summer during the 2023 Sustainable Farm Tour and Workshop Series. This annual series of public […]
- Today, the Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association (OEFFA) launched its Crop Insurance Platform and video, featuring interviews with 15 farmers about their experiences with crop insurance. Centered around OEFFA member proposals to make crop insurance […]
- Today, Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) introduced the Local Farms and Food Act. The legislation would reduce applicant barriers for some local food programs, increase investments in critical infrastructure, and sustain impactful nutrition incentives. The Ohio Ecological […]
- Today, Congresswoman Chellie Pingree (D-ME) reintroduced the Agriculture Resilience Act. The research-driven and farmer-focused act paves the way to achieving net-zero agricultural emissions by 2040. With Sen. Martin Heinrich (D-NM), Pingree first introduced the Agriculture Resilience […]
Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association
41 Croswell Rd.
Columbus OH 43214
OEFFA:(614) 421-2022 (614) 421-2022
OEFFA Certification:(614) 262-2022 (614) 262-2022